So I like to go through my pictures and see what I might blog about. Today I found this :)
![]() |
| {photo credit createdbydonnablog.com} |
"The insect birds that suck nectareous juice
From straightest tubes of curly-petaled flowers,
Or catch the honey-dew that falls profuse
Through the soft air, distill'd in viewless showers,
Whose colours seem the very souls of gems,
Or parting rays of fading diadems..." Hartley Coleridge
There's more to the poem, but I didn't want to post the whole thing :) But I want to say that Humming birds are very beautiful colorful little things. :) That is one of them, sitting on my hand! We were in Colorado, in a secluded mountain house and there were DOZENS of them. Seriously, they were like mosquitoes. They just flocked around the feeders!! The funny thing is that they weren't scared of us! Humming birds are so very shy. Whenever I'm at my grandma's I see maybe one, and whenever we come outside to just watch them, they fly away! BUT, here they didn't. We ate dinner on the porch of some friends house and they just came and went as if we weren't even there. The people said that the hummingbirds would come sit on our fingers if we sat there and stood still. It took a long while for them to actually come, but when they started coming it was so much fun. It tickled so MUCH! :) I was soooooooooooo happy! I mean what bird that is not trained would come and sit on your finger?? And what's more, they did it while Donna big black camera was pointing straight at them! I was so happy. We got a picture to prove that that little critter came and sat right on my finger. It was awesome! I hope next year I can see them again!
Hope your day is awesome!
~Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment