Christmas means a lot to me. First of all because it is Jesus Christ's birth; that's the number one most important reason. It's a very very important part in history and our lives as christians. We celebrate His birth and coming into this world. That is the main reason I am looking forward to Christmas :)
Now I will mention some nice side effects of Christmas time. First of all, Christmas is a time for happiness. Everyone's just happy; and they should be! Christmas is a jolly time. Second reason I love Christmas is that SO MANY THINGS HAPPEN! Everyday is busy, busy. busy. Now, we get ready for Christmas early. We get Christmas music out right after my birthday (Nov. 10), and then we decorate a week after. The beginning of the Christmas season starts in December though. Donna's birthday starts off a great December and then the days till Christmas are just filled. We usually start planning who to have over, which Christmas goodies we're gonna make, and about the Palmer House. Every year, our whole family, a few days before or after Christmas, goes down into Chicago with our whole {extended} family! It is such a blessing to be able to go there. We go Christmas shopping with our cousins and aunts. We see all the wonderful Christmas decorations. And it's a wonderful way to spend Christmas. :)
Then for Christmas Eve we have an early chili supper in the afternoon, because in the evening we have a Christmas buffet. The buffet has everything from Christmas punch, to shrimp, Christmas candies, to nacho dip and chips....everything! We try to have guests over on Christmas Eve to join us. And for Christmas day, we drive down to Indiana and be with the extended family. This year, we'll only be driving 10 minutes to my grandparents home! :) It's such a happy time. So much singing, happiness, and FOOD! :D What do you guys do in December? :D
So yes, Christmas is one of my favorite days of the year!! :) And I am dreaming of it, and thinking of it. Guess what?? 128 days, 15 hours, and 16 min left! :D It's coming so quickly and sneaking up on us! :D I can't wait!!!
![]() |
| {Putting together our artificial tree-I always wanted a real one :D} |
![]() |
| {Christmas Decorations} |
![]() |
![]() |
| {Palmer House 2010} |
Hope your day is awesome!
~Hannah




Ah! Me too, Hannah!! I *love* Christmas...for a lot of the same reasons you do. =) We always go up to my Gran's house in MN, and go snowmobiling in the crazy deep snow! It is epic...where in MI are you all at? Miss you <3
ReplyDeleteThats awesome! MN sounds sooo fun :) I've never been snowmobiling before!! I Really want to sometime :D We are moving to Niles MI, its like right at the border of IN and MI. So it's not to far away from here, about three hours :D Miss you to! <3
ReplyDelete