Hello,
Well since I'm actually blogging, I figured, I should get in a short spiritual blog post in before I decide I'm not going to post for awhile. Here it goes :)
So lately I've been reading Psalms for my devos. Most people look at Psalms as a praise book, which it is. But personally I found its a repentance book. How? Well throughout Psalms, at least up to about fifty, you'll see the praise psalms. While pretty much every book tells of his greatness, there are different ways in telling of his greatness. For example, of course, when you are blessed, you will rejoice. But also when you are in great despair, you well proclaim the majesty of God. But what you will notice is that in Psalms they aren't all blessing Psalms. Many times David cries in despair and in agony, begging for God to forgive him.
Psalm 5:1-2 "Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my groaning. Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, For to Thee I do pray."
As you can see here, David is praising God, (my King and my God, For to Thee I do pray), but also begging God to hear him. What is repentance other than begging for forgiveness? Other than being sorry for our sins? Other than asking him to hear us? Other than admitting we are weak? David was OUR example. He was the man after God's heart! In psalms we are basically getting examples of how to repent! We are seeing how a distressed man calls to God when's he's sinned and begs for forgiveness!
All this reading of Psalms led me to another life verse. Right now, I have three. Isaiah 59:1which gives you hope when your in Repentance! Mark 2:17 That Jesus came to call the sinners to Repentance, and not the righteous. And now this: Psalm 30:5.
PSALM 30:5
"For His anger is but for a moment, His favor for a lifetime; Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning."
A verse of hope. Hope in life and in repentance.
When you are repenting, when you are contrite, you feel as if you don't have hope. When you despair, you feel like, why try? But THIS VERSE COVERS THAT. It is a comforting verse to the Children of God. We are supposed to FEEL his ANGER for our sin. That feeling humbles us. But Guess what? HIS ANGER IS BUT FOR A MOMENT. THAT MOMENT. that moment when we are supposed to feel everything! His wrath! Hopelessness! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO FEEL THAT! But just FOR A MOMENT. And then: His Favor is for a lifetime. A lifetime guys. Our little span of maybe 90 years. His FAVOR is forever. HE IS FAITHFUL. Our God is SO faithful. No matter how down we feel, if we've won his favor- trusting and inviting him into our hearts-, he PROMISES its for a lifetime. Do you hear that? The God of this universe, promised YOU his favor. Thats the great things about our Holy God. As his children we are promised favor. We may WEEP when he punishes us, but then he promises us something else. He promises us JOY. Not petty joy, you got a present. REAL JOY that only can be found in him.
Is this not great news? If you are a Child of God, troubled by your sins, know this: His anger is but for a moment, you may cry and struggle, you may feel helpless! But His favor, His LOVE is forever. As long as you live. TILL your last breath. YOU HAVE his FAVOR.
Hope in God. Trust in God. Rejoice in God. Thank God, for He has given us the gift we don't deserve!
Hope you have an awesome day, and may everything you do be for HIS glory.
~Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment