So recently I've moved on to the chapter of Job. Job is amazing in itself. I will admit, for the longest time, and still even now, I don't understand a lot of Job. The conversations that go often escape me because they use many words to get their point out. That's not bad, it's just for me personally sometimes its hard to understand.
Anyways, while Job is hard to understand, it has these stand out verses that are so clear. Jobs faith was undeniably incredible. God boasted to satan about his faith, did he not? Job had the worst things thrown to him, yet he did not waver. If we could have that faith, there would be less of a curse in this country. but we don't. We don't...
As you can see the half of this very long title is "the verse that helps in all circumstances." Truly, I found a remarkable verse that again points out the greatness of Jobs faith.
"Though he slay me, I will hope in him. Nevertheless I will argue my ways before him." Job 13:15
Is that not an amazing verse? I found to be beautiful! THIS IS OUR HOPE in all circumstances. I'll give you four places in our lives where this verse HAS TO BE our RESPONSE. THIS IS OUR RESPONSE GUYS. It is our responsibility as mature Christians to know how to respond to anything that may come our way. God says that there will be stumbling blocks, ESPECIALLY NOW. Our world couldn't get worse. THIS is our VERSE!
First of all, emotionally, this verse must be base. In situations of grief it is very easy to loose sight of God's faithfulness. I've never lost anyone close to me, I'll be the first to admit that. But no matter how much people argue 'you've never felt this way', NO ONE can deny Gods word. This is it! Road ends there! I will probably feel that way one day, and the only response we should have is hope in God. Our ability to show our Hope in God during trials shows our faith in Him. Another way it can hit us emotionally is through struggles of life. Bad things happen. People hurt us. They are either mean to us, or they betray us. That may very well be our stumbling block. But we can't let it fall apart there! NO, we have to HOPE in GOD. That is the only way. You put your hope in people or things, the result will be complete failure. Maybe even death. No, God is the only thing we can put our hope in. Emotional times can be the most difficult. But this is where we have to stay strong. We MUST tell our MIND that even though he slay me, even though these bad things happen, WE WILL hope in GOD.
That's two reasons I've covered. The third one is physically. This world is full of physical accidents. Many times its hard to avoid. Most of you probably will never experience a fatal injury or a life-physical restraining injury. But some people do. We must be prepared for that. Maybe we'll fall off somewhere high and break our neck or sever a nerve. Maybe we'll get cancer. This verse can be applied literally. In Jobs case it was literally. satan struck him with boils. Those hurt him, and probably meant hardship or death. In these cases the verse is literal. "Though he slay me..." WE MUST find hope in God. Even when we feel so much pain, so much heartache. Its easier said then done. If everything was easy, we would be perfect at it and wouldn't strive for anything. We must remember in the event that if these things happened, the only thing that could cure our heartache is God. God can cure your heartache.
Last reason, spiritually. How does this verse apply there? Well it does. I didn't have trouble thinking about this, because personally I experience it. How can we be slayed spiritually? By Conviction. Yes. CONVICTION. Guys, as you know I've said, Repentance NEVER stops. Right? ITS NEVER STOPS. But guess what goes with repentance? CONVICTION. How can we repent if we aren't sorry for anything? We must be convicted by the Holy Spirit first, and therein lies our struggle. I believe that every Christian person should struggle with this. There should never be a point in our lives where we are not sorry for our sin, where we are not convicted of our sin. I will be the first to say, that doesn't happen with me. Am I sorry every time I sin? No. A lot of sin is by CHOICE. THIS is where we struggle. When we see the gravity and weight of our sin we can truly be sorry. After that? Well sometimes its hard to go on. Why keep going when you know that for the rest of your life you will sin? After all you are a sinful creature right? Well that is where our faith shakes and we loose sight of God. In this culture, its hard to have that real faith. The kind of faith that Job had. Often times there are so many temptations. How are we going to ever stop being tempted? We won't. The only hope we have is GOD. God may slay us with conviction, but we must continue to hope in him. KNOW that your faith in God isn't shown when you are having the time of your life free of struggles. Your FAITH is most shown in your weakness. Because when you are weak, you know that you need God, and you will find hope in him. Even if you have been slayed, you have to stand tall and have hope in God. Many Christians today stay dead. Many Christians today refuse to die. Are you one of them?
In quiet today, when you are alone with God, pray this verse Job said. "Teach me, and I will be silent. And show me how I have erred." -Job 6:24. Be silent. Let God show you. Job knew conviction was right. He wanted to know where he messed up so that he could repent and have hope in God. There isn't hope for the unrepentant.
And know, Job was human! He felt despair! He had the right responses to his trials, but it didn't make it easier. He says in this next verse "How painful are honest words!" Conviction is painful. Its not easy. But our faith will be shown by how we respond.
Today I encourage you to ask God to search your heart. Are you finding hope in him emotionally, physically, and spiritually? And ask God to search you heart. The heart is deceitful. If you check it yourself, you'll deny yourself. Let GOD check it. Let him convict you. Repent and be forgiven.
Have an awesome day and may everything you do be for HIS glory.
~Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment