Tuesday, January 24, 2012

~God is Spirit~

  My family and I are walking through this wonderful bible study called The One True God and I thought that I would share a little bit with you for today's small break in the Repentance series. What I love about this bible study is that it's simple truth. Deep simple truth. A kind of contradicting statement, huh? Well I don't know exactly how else to say it.
   Anyways, this post is named God is Spirit as is the second chapter of bible study is. It seems simple enough to understand, but it's very deep.
   God is not material or corporeal (i.e He does not possess a physical body). Two of the greatest implications of this truth are: (1) God is not confined to any of the physical restraints so common to humanity, and (2) God is not visible and therefore should never be degraded with images made by men. 
   I thought that was an interesting statement really. True and interesting at the same time. Here's why, because normally when we think of God, we don't think of him as a Spirit. He is a spirit. Be we don't think about him as a Spirit. In Heaven he is a spirit. He does not have any form, he doesn't have anything resembling humanity, he just IS. And that's just frighteningly beautiful at the same time. Because HE JUST IS. He Exists. He loves. But he's not physical. You can't touch him. NO one has EVER seen God. If someone claims that have, their foolish. You can HEAR God, you can see him working through your LIFE, but you cannot actually see God. Even the angels can't, heavenly beings can't. NO ONE CAN. He DOESN'T PHYSICALLY EXIST!! Really take a moment to examine that part. He doesn't physically exist. Have you ever pictured yourself in heaven? When your there worshiping God? Well for some reason I always thought that God would be there. Like there would be one throne room or something and at the very end this beautiful light. The light so bright that it would hurt to look at it but that we'd bow down before him and worship him knowing that he was somewhere behind that light. Well that was thrown out the door when I read this chapter. Because really, in heaven we won't be able to walk somewhere to find God, God is everywhere, he's the air we breathe. HE JUST IS. So think about it. One of the greatest names that God ever called himself was the I AM. Jesus was arrested when he claimed to be I AM. I AM the Son of God, he would preach. I AM the bread of life. I AM man's savior, etc.  HE IS the I AM.

   Hope your day is awesome!
{And may everything you do be for His Glory}


   {exclusive!}
  [Well well it's been a while since I was able to talk of my life, and that's not intended to be a bad thing. I love talking about the word of the Lord, and honestly it's been a huge part of my life recently, but I would still like to be able to update people on our recent activities. 
   So what's been happening? A lot has happened in this past...week or so? First of all, about a week ago, Sam, our dear Sam, fell and had to get stitches on the back of his head. It was a scary experience, as any back of the head injuries are, but it turned out to be fine, and he just had to get stitches. This past Saturday, he got them out. 
    I want to give God praise personally, because this week my Grandfather accepted Christ, the day we went to his Church!! It was unexpected, but wonderful! We've been praying for this a long time, and the Lord has graciously answered our prayers. And really it SHOWS the power of prayers. People don't believe anymore these days in miracle, but every prayer answered is a miracle <3
   Basketball has been !Nutty!, in a good way. I love being on the team. We've recently had three games cancelled because of the weather, and I missed practice the other day because I mixed up the time. I'm anxious to play a game, which is Thursday, and another Tourney which is Saturday. I love basketball! 
   School is School. But i will say it's gone very well this year. Writing and Spanish are wonderful. I'm doing history at home (hallelujah!!) and that's going really well. And science is interesting. 
   And so that's a short summary of what's been happening. And hopefully I'll have something to share in the next {exclusive!} 
  
    And I'll close with this question and answer, from the West Minister Catechism :) 
   Who is God? God is a Spirit who's being is Wisdom, Power, Holiness, Justice, and Truth, are infinite, eternal, and Unchangeable. 

-----Hannah   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment